SafeWork Australia is providing both workplaces and individuals the chance to bid on funding for their health and safety related projects.
Between $2000 and $20,000 is on offer (from a pool of $50,000) to help make WHS projects a reality.
Winning projects will also go into the running to win an additional $5000 People’s Choice Award.
Submissions opened on the 17 September and close on the 31 October.
Your project must address the following criteria:
- Support one or more priority areas identified in the Australian Work Health and Safety Strategy 2012–2022
- Demonstrate WHS best practice, focus on high-order risk controls, and represent ‘good work design’.
- Represent a long term commitment to WHS, share safety knowledge throughout your organisation, and empower staff at all levels to make good safety choices.
- Be available to share with the wider community (e.g. an initiative that couldn’t be shared with other workplaces is not eligible).
- Be fully funded by the Safe Work Australia People’s Choice Award funding. Projects or initiatives that receive, or will receive, funding from another external source (such as another Commonwealth funding program) are not eligible.